Thursday 2 June 2016

Thursday, June 02, 2016 -

Strictly Women: Book 2

a collection of F/F femdom stories
by DJ Black
Published: May 8, 2016
Words: 24,905
Category: femdom
Orientation: F/F
Click HERE for further details and purchase options.
OPENING EXTRACT
Jane and Her Awakenings with Aunt Alice

These days you can find out about almost anything on the Internet. So if you have a strange personal experience and think you may be a little odd, it doesn't take long to find out that you are not the only one in the world to be obsessed with Singer sewing machines or whatever it happens to be.

But back in the 1960s the world was a different place, and if your secret quirk happened to have a sexual dimension then it was so much more confusing. Therefore when my life was turned upside down, it took a long time to get my head straight as I seriously thought I was a freak.

What are you talking about, Janice? Let's start from the beginning, as Aunt Alice would have said. I learnt the hard way to listen to Aunt Alice so here goes.

I was born in Gateshead as Janice Armstrong and in 1963 I was 19-years-old and had just completed my journalism part one qualification from a correspondence course and a bit of unpaid volunteering. I was absolutely convinced that I was going to change the world, or at least get to write about it. However, being an inexperienced girl in a northern town was not the best place to launch a career in writing.

In fact the only two newspapers within travelling distance of home both turned me down without an interview when they found out I was a woman. OK, well maybe I would have had a bit of a chance if I had been a woman but a teenage girl had no chance.

I got a job in a flower shop of all things and wrote to just about every newspaper in the country for a staff position as a writer. After six months, I had only three offers of an interview, all of them in London.

You have to understand that for a Tyneside girl in 1963, London was the other side of the moon. Sure, it was cool and happening, but it was also dangerous and expensive to get to. That was my father's view anyway.

Despite my best efforts to persuade him, I had already missed two interview dates before I could even get him to discuss it. Then mum remembered her Aunt Alice. At that time, there were only three things to know about Aunt Alice. Firstly, she was not really my mother's aunt, but a distant cousin. Second, she was a widow and therefore respectable. And thirdly, and most importantly for me, she lived in London.

To cut a very long frustrating story short, it was finally agreed that I could go to London for an interview if I stayed with Aunt Alice. Nothing was decided about what would happen if I got the job; I think my father was fairly certain that it wouldn't come up anyway.