Tuesday 16 February 2016

Tuesday, February 16, 2016 -

Aunt Sarah's Slippering

... and other short stories
by Stanlegh Meresith
Published: Jan 4, 2016
Words: 27,043
Category: general
Orientation: M/F
Click HERE for further details and purchase options.
OPENING EXTRACT
Aunt Sarah's Slippering

People sometimes ask me how I became a spanko - when did I first realise I was crazy about the idea of spanked bottoms?

We spankos like to compare notes on the origin of our obsession, and I know quite a few who swear they were born with it, almost as if it were in their genes or something. But it wasn't like that for me. I know exactly when it began. It was the day I went to the reading of my grandfather's will ...

I suppose I should have felt sorry for Aunt Sarah, but I didn't! Not until after, anyway. To my mind, she deserved it, and I'm pretty sure everyone else thought so too, everyone except Uncle Bernard of course, but I think even he was secretly rather pleased - just that, it being his wife, he couldn't show it. Poor Uncle Bernard. I may only have been twelve then, but even I could see who the boss was in their household!

I loved Gramps very much, and I cried after I left the hospital on that last visit with Dad, and I cried bitterly the following week, when they told me that he'd died.

Gramps was good fun; he always gave me sweets, and his Christmas presents were great. Not like Aunt Sarah. She gave me things meant for boys half my age, and her presents were always cheap - made in China, guaranteed to fall apart after ten minutes. The Christmas before Gramps died, I heard Dad telling Mum, "She loves money too much, that sister of mine. Fancy giving David a 10-piece plastic jigsaw puzzle of Tienanmen Square! I mean, really! And it says, quite clearly, 'For ages 3 to 5'! Can't she read? I wouldn't be surprised if she got it in one of those '99 Pence' shops. It's a damn shame."

And yet Uncle Bernard was rich - they lived in a big mansion in Dulwich, and Aunt Sarah was always boasting about how much her new carpet cost, or how her new outfit was made especially for her by the same designer as Princess So-and-so. Dad told us she'd paid two thousand pounds once for some curtain fittings! Two thousand quid - just for the fittings! Mum said she was just selfish and spoilt - she couldn't stand Aunt Sarah, but she tried to be nice when they came round, for Dad's sake.

Anyway, a few days after the funeral, Dad said we were going to the reading of the will. He said they didn't usually bother with a reading of the will because you don't have to under English law, but Gramps had stated quite clearly that he wanted his lawyer, Mr Snape, to read it out anyway - and not just that: Gramps had said everyone in the family had to be there, otherwise he'd leave all his money to charity, which seemed a bit weird.