Friday 7 August 2015

Friday, August 07, 2015 -

Scenes of Domestic Discipline: Book 2

by Susan Thomas
Published: Jun 21, 2015
Words: 24,156
Category: domestic discipline
Orientation: M/F
Click HERE for further details and purchase options.
OPENING EXTRACT
Discipline for Alison

Alison Arrives Home

"He that spareth his rod hateth his son: but he that loveth him chasteneth him betimes." Proverbs 13 verse 24 AV

When Alison arrived home she could see her daddy was already home. She sighed. It was inevitable of course, for in this small town the inspector in charge of the police station heard about everything. The fact that his daughter had told off the headmistress of the large secondary school and used some 'inappropriate' language in doing so would almost certainly have been too choice a titbit not to have reached him. She entered the house sighing again and expecting to be called into his study.

"Alison, I'd like a word with you. I'm in the study."

She sighed a third time, straightened her back to match her father's ramrod posture and, calling, "OK, Daddy," went to the surprisingly large study.

"What's this I hear about you?"

"I don't know, Daddy. What have you heard?"

"Don't get pert with me, young lady."

Alison went pale. The use of 'young lady' was very bad. It was rarely used, and when it was showed that her father was seriously annoyed. "Sorry, Daddy. I suppose you're talking about me having a go at Miss Ford."

"You suppose right, Alison. What possessed you? She is the headmistress, for heaven's sake."

"Daddy, she is an out and out bully. She bullies the teachers even, but today she was going in hard on two helpless, timid Year 7 girls. I tried to divert her attention but she wouldn't leave her prey alone and I... well I..."

"You lost your temper and were extremely rude to her. I do hope the two Year 7 girls weren't present."

"No, Daddy, she sent them away in order to deal with me, so it sort of worked."

"This is a serious matter, Alison. I do know the woman is a bully and an exceedingly unpleasant one at that. I have been in enough meetings with her to know that but it is not your place to upbraid her, even if it was that her language and tone were not the right ones. By losing your temper, however good the cause, you lose the moral high ground. You are now a subject for delicious gossip all around town. It simply isn't good enough, Alison. I regret this, but I shall have to punish you."

Alison sighed again, and the thought flitted through her head that she was doing rather a lot of sighing this afternoon. "Aren't I..." her tone was pleasant and conveyed the impression of being a tiny bit amused, "just a bit old for that sort of thing?"

Her father's tone was calm, relaxed and in turn just a tiny bit amused. After all, he had first heard that when she was ten years old and other dads told him of similar remarks while they played golf.